MAROILLES FLAMICHE AND ITS APPLE AND SALAD MILLE-FEUILLE
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Difficulty : Easy
Numbers of persons : 6
· 1 Defroidmont Maroilles flamiche
· Mix of salads for 6 persons
· 5 apples (Golden, Jonagold or Royale Gala)
· 12 black grapes (2 per persons)
· 3 cherry tomatoes (1/2 per person)
· 3 tablespoon of cider vinegar
· Oliv oil
· Salt, pepper
· To decorate, 12 springs of chives and paprika powder
THE RECIPE :
1. Clean the mix of salads and tomatoes. Cut in half grapes and cherry tomatoes. Reserve.
2. Pull out the center of the apple, carve thin slices of approximetly 3mm and reserve 3 slices per person. With the rest, you can cut it into stripes and reserve 5 of them per person.
3. Realise a dressing : put the vinegar with a pinch of salt in a bowl, mix and then add oliv oil little by little. You can also use an already made dressing.
4. To dress the plate : realise the mille-feuille : start with a slice of apple and then alternate with salad leaves and apples. End with a slice of apple and a cherry tomato. Place in fan the 5 apple stripes with grapes next to the flamiche. To decorate, put chives in cross on the salad and sprinkle paprika around the plate.
Recipe imagined by Sylvain Meynckens, the talented chef of the restaurant Le temps des Mets, located on 42 Grand rue in Maroilles. Tel : 03 27 77 96 48 Le Temps des Mets