MAROILLES WHIPPED CREAM WAFFLES
PREPARATION TIME : 25 MINUTES
RESTING TIME : 2 HOURS
COOKING TIME: 10 MINUTES
FOR 4 PERSONS :
FOR THE WAFFLE dough:
- 200g of wheat flour
- 30g of sugar
-40g of butter
- 40cl of milk
- 2 eggs
- 8g of baker’s yeast
- 20g of starch
- Salt, Pepper, ground cumin
For the WHIPPED CREAM:
- 30cl of fresh cream
- 10cl of milk
- 2 leaves of gelatin
- 100g of Maroilles
- Salt, pepper
Prepare the maroilles whipped CREAM:
1. Place the gelatin leaves in cold water to soften.
2. In a small pan, warm up 5cl of milk and 5cl of fresh cream. Add progressively and without stopping to mix the Maroilles cut in small dices and the gelatin leaves until you get a homogeneous and smooth cream.
3. Cool to room temperature without setting the gelatin.
4. In a large salad bowl, whip the rest of the fresh cream until thick and milk with a good pinch of salt.
5. Add it the preparation of the cooled Maroilles while whisking vigorously.
6. Keep in the refrigerator during at least 2 hours.
MEANWHILE PREPARE THE WAFFLE dough:
1. Dilute the fresh yeast with a little warm milk
2. Warm up the milk with salt, sugar, pepper, ground cumin and butter.
3. Make a fountain with the starch flour.
4. Add the eggs yolks.
5. Mix while adding little by little the warm milk. Work well the dough.
6. Add the budding yeast.
7. Beat the egg whites into a firm peak. Incorporate them delicately in the dough.
8. Cover and let lift the dough in a warm place during apprximetly 1 hour and a half.
9. Cook in a waffle iron.
10. Serve them instantly garnished with Maroilles whipped cream.